Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Quincy Market - Financial District) InterContinental

SPB305
By SPB305,
in

Hi everyone, I have been a reader and follower for a few weeks and just started bidding today for first time ever on Priceline.

I am going to be in Boston next Thursday, July 21 for one night. I am hoping to get a 4*, 3.5* or 3* in either the Copley Square or Quincy Market areas. Being a week night and only a week out, I was hoping I might be able to get a bargain and spend less than $100 for the night. My max would probably be around $120 for the higher end.

As a first tine Priceline users, I appreciate any help, suggestions or guidance. I was sure to use the link to PRICELINE on this forum as well. Thanks again.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So did you first want to try for a 4* up to $100 (although i think this is highly unlikely... did you want to use $120 as a maximum bid??)... then if rejected try for a 3.5* for $100 (or perhaps $120??)... OR is your first goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Im sorry for never closing the loop on this. The person I was traveling with ended up using Hotwire and booking the InterContinental for $174/night. Thanks again for everyones help on this board getting a nubie going. After seeing how easy it was to decipher hotels, Hotwire and this site is the best way to go.

Thanks for the follow-up and closing this thread... any chance you can confirm the amenities shown before the purchase with your friend? S/he can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, please ask your friend to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the obard to begin their future travel purchases.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]