Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MSG-Convention) Element Times Square

phantasmex
By phantasmex,
in

Hi. I'm heading to a wedding in NY the weekend after next and need to find a decent place to stay in NYC. The wedding will be at Blue Hill at Stone Barns on Saturday, but I'll be arriving mid-afternoon Thursday, 07/21/11. I plan on taking the train to Tarrytown to get to and from the wedding, so staying close to Grand Central would be ideal.

My budget is 125/night; if that's realistic. Any bidding strategy would be much appreciated; please advise.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best deal for this stay, imo, is a 3* hotel in the Chelsea-MSG zone for $128/nite with Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business icons. This property has a 95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests, very high reviews on all the criteria HOTWIRE asks about (4.5/5.0 across the board), and a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating. Best guess is that this is the Wingate Inn Manhattan, and while not the closest hotel to Grand Central, it's certainly easy enough to get there, and this hotel should be centrally located and convenient for the rest of your stay as well.

You could try bidding on PRICELINE for a little better rate, but the 2.5*/3* hotel you get may not be as well reviewed, and with the included breakfast, i thought the above was worthwhile given the reviews.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to book the $128 Hotwire hotel through the link in your post but unfortunately when I tried finalizing my trip in the last step, it came back that the hotel was no longer available. :)

Any other similarly priced good values would be appreciated.

Staying central is not a huge priority for me since and I'm willing to stay in farther, cheaper areas as long as I can get to that wedding fairly easily through public transportation.

Ideally I would like a 3* hotel stay. My budget is ~125/night + ~$10 dollars. I'm figuring with taxes and fees, I would like to spend around or less than $400 total on my rather brief 3 night stay. I am willing to go down to a 2.5* hotel if cost is significantly less (~100-110/night vs. my 125-135/night budget). As for location, I don't need to be centrally located (since they are usually more expensive), and would be okay with a 10 minute walk to public transportation. I think as long as I can find the train station to the wedding and back fairly easily, I will be happy.

Thanks again.

Update: I ended up using Priceline and booked my stay at the Element Times Square (Priceline 3*) for $130/night. Seems comparable to the $128 Hotwire deal: centrally located, free breakfast, etc.

Thanks again for your help. Now I can search for good food places to go eat. Any suggestions on where to go for true NYC bagels, great Jewish deli food, greasy East Coast burgers, the best NYC pizza and other stuff a west coaster is deprived of?

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this newer property, which opened last Winter. In terms of sights, I'll note that this is an easy walk to the Intrepid Air/Space Museum, which I think is really a must-see in NYC.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Any suggestions on where to go for...

true NYC bagels

H & H Bagles

639 West 46th Street

New York, NY

or

Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St)

great Jewish deli food

Katz's

205 E Houston St

New York, 10002

More appetizing then deli, you may also like:

Zabars

2245 Broadway

New York, NY 10024-5899

greasy East Coast burgers

Jackson Hole

521 3rd Avenue (Third Ave at 35th St)

New York, NY 10016

the best NYC pizza

Gets its own thread: NYC Pizza

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]