Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Millennium Broadway

SMUS_Style
By SMUS_Style,
in

Decided to add a few more days to the NYC trip after the W Hotel bid at $160.

Have now bid up to $180 for a 4* in CPS, MTE, MTW, TS and getting no luck at the moment.

Looks like they are going to make me pay up for a hotel for the last 3 days. Will update tomorrow hopefully with a winning bid at some point.

Any idea if there is some type of event between the 13-16th of July?

(BTW - I got one less rebid because I tried to 'extend my stay' first before starting to rebid elsewhere. I was a bit surprised that this counted as a bid since it is just limited to the W... but figured worth flagging to everybody. Might change bidding strategy a bit.)

Glad to hear you're enjoying your stay... so much so that you'd like to extend the trip!

I don't know of any one particular even taking place in the city during your additional nites above, but there is seldom one large event big enough to have dramatic effect on hotel prices, it's usually a combination of a many smaller events, business travelers, etc. which collectively have an effect on hotel demand.

Not sure how high you're willing to bid for a 4*, but if prices get out of hand you could also consider bidding on PRICELINE for a Jersey City (NJ) where the 4* hotels provide easy access to Manhattan (i'm guessing ~$135 or less might get you a nice 4* property)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]