Priceline Hotel: Help bidding 8/16-8/20

Msudawg
By Msudawg,
in

Need some help bidding for a San Fran hotel for the dates August 16-20, one room.

Don't want to go below 4*

Choices for location are in order: USE, Soma, Financial District, then USW

Trying not to spend more than $110 a night. I won the Parc 55 last July for $89 and noticed that others won it for these August dates last year for $83.

I have bid for all 4 zones, including free re-bids, up to $110 for the past few weeks with no success. Am I just too early? Is there a conference or event going on that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for the wisdom of the board!

Rates do vary significantly from day-to-day and can vary year-over-year and seasonally. Not sure if there's a convention or other event for these dates, but rates are on the moderately high side - HOTWIRE is showing 4*'s starting at $160 or so; I'm guessing you're looking at $120-140 for a 4* at this point. You can keep trying up to $110 and see if inventory becomes available at that level over time, but you do risk rates either going up (especially if something is going on on these dates) or staying at these levels.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]