Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Westin

Jennig
By Jennig,
in

I am returning to NY from Guelph driving back to fly out of JFK I am leaving Canada on the 18th and will probably drive to Jersey City? and stop there for a night and either stay at that hotel for one more night and depart from JFK on the 20th at 6pm. OR I can stop in the city for the second night im pretty flexible.

Any suggestions hotwire and Priceline both have hotels but my husband is keen on the sights as hes not been *times square, Statue, Empire, WTC*

I know we aren't spending a lot of time to do a lot of things.

I have a friend who lives in Jersey City near the PATH and ive stayed with her before so I know its easy to commute!

I figure I rather pay a bit more for a hotel and not so much on transportation costs if that makes sense (I do have a rental car but IMO its not worth driving around NYC!).

Any suggestions?

What star rating and budget are you considering?

At the moment a 4* in the Jersey City zone will run you about $135-$150 for these nites, a 4* in Manhattan is probably looking ~$170-$200

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried 150.00 for 4* Jersey City no such luck but i just tried for the one day maybe 2 is the ticket? I am happy for 200.00 a night (obvs lower better ...). But would you recommend Jersey City or Manhatten? Bearing in mind ill have to park a car as im returning it to JFK I am comfy driving in the city im from Toronto Originally!

Staying in Manhattan would provide a better NYC experience, and is also easier with a child since it's a little easier to trek back to the room if you forget anything, quick nap, get some clean clothes, short nap, etc... but it's also more expensive, so it's a trade-off between price vs. convenience.

In Jersey City i believe there is a rate change over these two nites so for the $150 or better rate you would likely need to bid both nites together.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hiya, I thinkthis is how we want to play it... Night of the 19th (day before we leave) in the city for the experience, like I said my husband wants to take a photo of times square, do the WTC thing, and see the statue.. and some shopping what area for hotels should we be looking at? Id like something with some comfort.

Some hotels I know of but im not sure about their location: (if you have any insight that would be fab!)

HI NYC Wall street right now that rate is 173.40

HI SOHO- 233.00

But im hoping to use priceline to get something better.

Any suggestions?

As for the night before the 18th we are worrid about driving from basically Canada to Jersey what the traffic etc would be like maybe we would be best to stop somewhere outside and travel in the next day? --- Thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]