Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC 7/11 - 7/15 - no success

MrWhiteYo
By MrWhiteYo,
in

Hello all,

I've booked a lot of priceline hotels in the past, but this time I'm really desperate ... I tried MTW, MTE, Downtown, CPS, Times Square, ESP, Chelsea and Upper West Side for up to 225 USD (each zone), and I didn't even receive a counteroffer. Am I missing something here...?

Hey Jennig,

thanks for your answer! I don't mind the area, as long it's a 4* hotel ... I even tried 3.5* in Downtown and bid up to 180 without success. I'm a bit confused as I saw people winning bids at about 150 USD for 4* hotels in this week ... is there a chance I just picked a bad day to try it out?

Prices seem to be pretty high in the July-August period. I had to bid up to $195 to spend 4 nights at the Hudson (3*. CPS) before it got finally accepted. Seems to be a similar situation on HOTWIRE as well. If you're looking for a 4* hotel, looks like you'll have to accept that you're going to pay something in the $200 range

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

July and August have been somewhat (at least by comparison) less expensive months of the year in the past, but prices for parts of July did not come down this year and have stuck at fairly elevated levels. Additionally, there may be something going on during all/part of this period (HOTWIRE has no availability in MTE, for example.)

What would be your desired budget per night for a 4*?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

July and August have been somewhat (at least by comparison) less expensive months of the year in the past, but prices for parts of July did not come down this year and have stuck at fairly elevated levels. Additionally, there may be something going on during all/part of this period (HOTWIRE has no availability in MTE, for example.)

What would be your desired budget per night for a 4*?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. I've just booked 4 nights at the normal hotel rate at a 4* UWS hotel for 1050 USD after taxes (about 220 USD / night). Right now I doubt that I'll find a cheaper priceline deal (not to mention Hotwire, where the same hotel was 30 USD cheaper - for the whole stay)... Perhaps I'll try it again the next days, but I won't bid higher than 180 USD.

Thanks again

It is high season in NY.
July is not high season in NYC.
I had to bid up to $195 to spend 4 nights at the Hudson (3*. CPS) before it got finally accepted.
Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that the information can best help others when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins... nobody will know to look in this thread to learn about (and benefit from) your win.
I went up to 270 for 4* in Times Square for Aug 3-6 with no luck.
If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.
Wow. What happened to priceline? The last hotel room I booked through them was 140 USD cheaper / night ...
Nothing has happened with PRICELINE... tlwisner appears to only have bid one zone (one of the most expensive zones in NYC), rates are date specific so rates for this stay may have very little to do with your previous win, and hotel rates in general have begun to rebound along with the economy so the discounts are still there, but often not as deep as they may have previously been, and the discount is based off of a higher room rate, which also make the amount needed for a winning bid higher.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]