Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Grand Hyatt

aussie36
By aussie36,
in

After bidding regularly finally managed to secure the other 5 nights of my trip a couple of weeks ago, after splitting the 10nights in half. Was very lucky to end up at the same hotel, no need to move hotels! The hotel have linked my 2 reservations in the hope if they aren't crowded we won't even need to move rooms which is a bonus. Hyatt customer service has been amazing. Was a bit scared about prices after seeing so many people struggling to win anything for the weekend dates 26 & 27 and seeing a winning bid of $195 for a 3.5*. The rates on the Hyatt website is $340 a night plus taxes!! Cheapest I have seen is $270 a night plus taxes for these dates so I am very very happy to have my hotel booked. My original deal was $130 a night 20-25th at Grand Hyatt for anyone that can't be bothered finding my original thread.

25-30th August

Grand Hyatt Seattle

$140 a night

Congratulations on your success!

Very nice that you received the same hotel and won't need to change properties mid-trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for everyone that was trying to book 8/25-8/30 there is a massive video game conference in town. Its big enough for the Hyatt to produce special keys for the guests. The Hyatt is fully booked and has been this entire week. Last weekend there was a medical conference and it was booked too. Apparently the majority of downtown hotels are booked this weekend as there are over 150,000 gamers in town for the conference, plus there are some people arriving earlier for the bumbershoot festival over labor day weekend. Seattle is pumping thats for sure and there are nerds everywhere!

Hyatt is very very nice. I got upgraded from a room w/ 2 beds on a floor with a view of the garage to a room on a high floor w/ a view of lake union and a king bed which was my preference. Location is great, hotel is great. I got an amazing deal!

For future knowledge, the 'Pax' video game convention is held the last weekend of August in Seattle every year. Combine with a lot of cruise ships returning before school starts and travellers, the hotel confirmed today that the last two weeks of August through Labor Day weekend are their busiest of the year, in particular this year. I know a lot of people were having trouble winning hotels at rates that were seen frequently throughout the year. Thought this could be helpful information for those bidding last weekend of August in future years.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]