Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) Grand Hyatt

lizamead
By lizamead,
in

Started bidding on Dupont Circle at $50, adding all rebids in $5 increments up to $75. Started a new bid with CC zone only at $63, adding free rebids up to $75, then adding back in Dupont Circle at $80 - bid accepted at $80 for Grand Hyatt. I'm slightly bummed because would rather have had Omni in Dupont Circle, just for the free pool use (it's abt $11/day extra I think at GH), but all in all am very happy with this. Lowest GH rate online was $149/nt in general, or $134/nt for AAA, so overall I'm saving slightly over $100 total. (Rates for Omni were $300 range IIRC, although Westin Embassy Row, with better location but no pool, were under $200.)

I'm slightly bummed because would rather have had Omni in Dupont Circle, just for the free pool use (it's abt $11/day extra I think at GH... (Rates for Omni were $300 range IIRC, although Westin Embassy Row, with better location but no pool, were under $200.)

It's $6 per room to use the pool at the Grand Hyatt, $11 for those who also want to use the fitness center.

Another nice thing about the Omni pool in summer, in addition to it being free, is that it's outdoors and quite large.

Although there's no pool at the Westin Embassy Row, guests there have pool privileges a short ways away at the Westin Grand.

Thanks TravelGuy! That is great news abt the pool cost, because that's all we'd be using, not the fitness room. (Also a good tip abt the Westin's pool privileges - I'll be filing that tip away for sure.)

Yes, I would have liked the rooftop outdoor pool much better than a small indoor one. OTOH, if it storms, we can still swim...

• 5 weeks later...

We just recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt and found it great (we didn't use the pool), but we really would have like to have gotten the Omni Shoreham. On our recent vacation we stayed at several different properties along the way and I found that the nicest was the Hampton Inn in Carlisle, PA ($35 winning bid) While it didn't have the glitz of the Grand Hyatt, I found the room to be equal or better than the Grand Hyatt. We had a great non-smoking room with a king bed and sleeper sofa, microwave and fridge, nice bathroom and plenty of room overall. Throw in the free wireless internet access, free breakfast bar and nice pool, this property at *2 seemed a much better value than the Grand Hyatt was. Further proof the less expensive hotels are providing more (for free) than the big glitzy ones (at a lower price) Don't get me wrong, getting the Grand Hyatt for $90 was great, just staying in the city (great location) was well worth it.

My Grand Hyatt review:

Grand Hyatt Review

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]