Priceline Hotel: 5* New York City (Long Island City) Queensboro Hotel

m0j0
By m0j0,
in

Mod's can you please close the other thread i started? I realized the dates were completely wrong!

I am new to all of this and i just tried my hand at bidding but did'nt want to move forward and get charged with a reservation that I didn't want

i have 4 people in my group so i'm weighing out my options and was hoping that the hotel would be able to accommodate giving us 2 beds rather than just one

any help would be much appreciated in this bidding process!

thanks!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

What is your expected budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE generally seems more pricey than PRICELINE so I think I will try and take the risk with Priceline

Judging from the general prices that everyone has been getting i'm EXPECTING 120-130 but I'm hoping for something under 115 a night but it would be great if i can get somewhere around 100

i've also recently considered of living in long island but i am weighing out my options right now

when Priceline rejects my second bid (after adding another zone), would I add ANOTHER zone and remove the second zone i added? (of course all of these must have less than 4*)

i've also recently considered of living in long island but i am weighing out my options right now
Long Island or Long Island City as they are two different places.
when Priceline rejects my second bid (after adding another zone), would I add ANOTHER zone and remove the second zone i added? (of course all of these must have less than 4*)
You can't UNcheck a zone without closing the browser and re-accessing PRICELINE, but we'll outline a suggested strategy for you to follow once you confirm your plans and decide which zone(s) and location you wan tto bid.

Let us know once you decide which area(s) you want to stay adn we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oops! Long Island City was the long island i was referring to

do you think you'd be able to advise me for jersey city AND long island?

I'm worried that PRICELINE will accept a bidding price that I don't really want and then I won't be able to reverse charges to my CC

thanks for all the help thereaure!

do you think you'd be able to advise me for jersey city AND long island?
We can advise, but you'll need to bid them separately as Jersey City and Long Island City are in two different regions (the former being part of the "Newark" region and the latter being part of the "NYC" region). However, i will add that Jersey City and Long Island City are very different experiences, imo.
I'm worried that PRICELINE will accept a bidding price that I don't really want and then I won't be able to reverse charges to my CC
Don't make any bids unless you'll be happy receiving any hotel at the star level (or higher) you selected at the price you named.

• 3 years later...

Ended up going directly on the Queensboro Hotel website to book the hotel. 

Fairly decent property, 15-ish minutes uphill to closest subway station

Free parking was a bonus, it was in a lot that was attached to the hotel, but very limited spaces. So if you were able to get a spot, then you DON'T move until you check out

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]