Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown - City Center) Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel

Travelgirl22
By Travelgirl22,
in

Hoping to get a 4* in downtown Montreal for the Jazz Festival! I'm somewhat of a Priceline vet, bid several times. I'm aware I have 3 free re-bid zones.

I'm hoping to spend no more than $420 total on a hotel for 4 nites, so my max bid (before tax) is $80. The rates at the 4* hotels on Priceline's hotel list (Montreal Downtown and Convention Center) range from $203 (Inter-Continental) to $387 (W Hotel). Several hotels list no availability for my dates, although when I take out the Sat. stay, some open up. I'd prefer not to split the bid if possible.

Any suggestions where I should start? Or do I wait a few more days? Thanx for your help! :)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, I don't think $80 is going to be realistic when looking at these dates as a whole - they are certainly on the busy side, and HOTWIRE rates are pricey. 6/26-7/1 are cheaper, but I still think $80 unfortunately may not be enough for those dates for a 4*. HOTWIRE has a 3.5* for $95 for these dates in downtown, though. With only a few days left, I definitely would not wait until the last minute, as with the Jazz fest going on, there is the potential for prices to get worse.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was hoping the prices would go down a bit, economy being so bad and all, and I've seen some fluctuations. I will check prices again tomorrow and bid then. I have a vague hope the prices will go down 2 days before, but not sure I feel safe waiting until then to book. Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Just bid up to $125 for 4* in Montreal. Here's the breakdown:

Started at $95 in downtown, rejected

--added Convention Center/Latin Quatier at $100, rejected

--added Laval at $106, rejected

--added Longueil at $111, rejected

--added Pointe Clare at $125, rejected

Maybe try a new bid at 3***, see what happens. Kinda surprised, the Hyatt showed $218 and the Intercontinental $201. Will keep you updated!

UPDATE!

GOOD NEWS: I split my bid, 4* from 6/29-7/1, got Le Sheraton Centre at $101!

BAD NEWS: I immediately tried to extend my stay via the link was rejected at Le Sheraton. Grr! Might wait until tonight or tomorrow to extend or just re-bid for Fri/Sat. Will keep you posted and update forum title, etc.

Just to save you the frustration of an attempt, you can't update the overall title. The moderators do that at the end of a bidding sequence when the results are in. That is why all the titles of successful bids have perfectly consistent formats. Makes it really nice for scanning down them.

Romelle

PS - nice work on splitting your bid. Hope you are equally successful with the remaining two days.

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results for this leg of your stay.

To report a win for, or help with, the remaining nites please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your this front end of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]