Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Mayfair-Soho) - Help needed

hawk99
By hawk99,
in

Rates are very high for these dates, as an example, HOTWIRE shows a 4* hotel in their Chelsea zone for $285/nite... what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels? What is your maximum bid for this stay? Do you have a back-up plan/reservation anyplace?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at your dates in Hotwire. First time I've ever seen areas grayed out. NO offerings for Mayfair-Soho. No offerings for eight other London areas also.

Chelsea still had the 4* offering, and the price dropped to $284, but that is probably just the dollar strengthening a tiny bit.

It might be that Priceline also has nothing available for Mayfair-Soho no matter how high you bid?!?

Thereuare posed three very good questions for you. Working through those answers may help you sort this situation out. Looks like a difficult situation.

Romelle

Was hoping to pay $200 or less for 4* Mayfair/Soho. Already tried $238 with no luck, how high do you think I would have to go?

Given how tight demand appears, there is a chance that PRICELINE may not have any deeply discounted inventory for these dates... i think the question is how high are you willing to try before considering other nearby zones? Depending upon the other zones you include, i think there is also a chance you may need to go a little higher than your $200 limit for a 4* in those zones as well.

As you've already bid over $200, and your stay is just 4 days away, what is your true maximum bid for this stay in the Mayfair-Soho zone? If that is rejected, which other zones are you willing to accept and what is your true maximum bid for those zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision for this stay.

Glad to see you found something within your budget which works well for your needs.

If you didn't, please note the board is an affiliate of Expedia and most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links in our support page whenever possible.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]