Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Houston Aldine-Bush Intercontinental

memadiane
By memadiane,
in

Thanks.

Before I choose and book through the HOTWIRE link, I would like to ID another Aldine - Bush Intercontinental hotel for the same date (7/10 - 7/11/11). Am I supposed to start another topic?

It is a 3* for $54 with 100%.

Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Laundry Facilities, and HiSpeed Internet Access.

The property above has not yet been reported to the board, but it's "odd" that the TA rating is 4.5/5.0 yet HOTWIRE user reviews are very low... i'm guessing this property may have two classes of rooms (ie- renovated and unrenovated... or a main building and an annex) where traditionally booked guests are assigned to the nicer rooms and the opaque/3rd party guests get the lower class of room. Another possibility (and the more likely) is that this property recently changed hands, with the previous owners not managing the property very well... and HOTWIRE using the older reviews whereas Tripadvisor's rating reflects the new ownership.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm confused. :) Hotwire says 100% and TA says 100%. And yes, I did see the 4.5 out of 5. I don't know where to find the hotwire low ratings.

So you don't think it's the Springhill Suites?

I have had to abandon my first choice, since Hotwire has removed the "Doubletree". :)

I'm currently seeing the original 3.5* offered when searching HOTWIRE for your date, 7/10.

If you re-run your HOTWIRE search and click CONITNUE next to this 3* offer, near the bottom of the ensuing page (under the map of the area) it shows:

100% of Hotwire reviews recommend

Overall satisfaction 3.5

Condition of hotel 3.5

Quality of service 3.5

Room comfort 3.0

Room cleanliness 3.5

Location of hotel 3.0

The ratings (in the 3's) aren't consistent with a hotel that is 100% recommended.

I didn't say i didn't think it was the Springhill Suites, it may very well prove to be... i just don't have any insight one way or the other to state whether it's the Springhill Suites or some other something entirely different, as the amenities are quite common for hotels within this class.

However, it all may be a moot point anyway... are you seeing the original 3.5* when searching HOTWIRE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK

I found the the ratings you originally mentioned. Thanks for walking me through.

Yes. The 3.5* 'reappeared", but then we changed our dates to 7/09 to 7/11, and it really was gone. I would have like to have found out what the identity of the 3* was... I used the links for all my research.

So thanks all your help. You can close this topic.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]