Priceline Hotel: 4* Milwaukee (Downtown) InterContinental Milwaukee

ab217003
By ab217003,
in

Apparently there's a lot going on in Milwaukee the weekend of June 24-26 - something like a game/concert combo.

Was bidding for a month and ended up at $160. I was able to make a reservation with Milwaukee Athletic Club (3* downtown) through their website directly as a backup for $139/night, but definitely happy to cancel that and just pay the $20 more for the Intercontinental!

I used the PRICELINE link...

Thanks!

ab217003 did you inch your way up and plough through the rebid zones and wind up at $160 ? Where did you start your bidding

I have been having a hard time keeping my bids down for 4* downtown that week as well. I have been stopping my bids at $145, I am looking for 28th and 29th 4 star downtown, but nothing.

I was bidding for a 3.5* and 4* downtown - for rebids I was playing with only star rating and date (6/24-6/25 or 6/24-6/26). I started bidding at the very beginning of May at $60 (what hotels usually seem to go for) but gradually had to go all the way to $160. Just seems to be a high demand weekend.

As I mentioned, I did some looking into backup hotels. The Milwaukee Athletic Club gets good reviews on tripadvisor and is reasonably priced. Not ideal - but better than paying $200+!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]