Hotwire Hotel: Hollywood Beach FL 7/21/11 - 7/27/11

pilotscott
By pilotscott,
in

According to everything I have read about eh Westin Diplomat website, it appears to be a beach front property. Is there a really a difference on the HOTWIRE website between the "Beach Front" property icon and the "Near Beach" property icon? Reason being, I am looking at a property with the below categories and I am hoping it is the Westin:

4*

Resort

Near beach

non-smoking

fitness center

pool

restaurants

high speed internet

golf nearby

For the dates 7/21/11 - 7/27/11 it is offering me the rate of $84 which seems like a steal given the fact the the room rate on the Westin website is over $200 a night.

Thoughts?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is a difference between Near Beach and Beachfront. A Beachfront icon designates the hotel is directly on the beach... the Near Beach icon indicates that the beach is accessible. A Beachfront hotel could (if they choose to do so) use the Near Beach icon since they do provide access to the beach... but a Beach Access hotel could not use the Beachfront icon since they are not located directly on the beach.

In regards to the property above, note that besides the Westin, the Crowne Plaza has also been seen with this amenity set, so either of there are likely. As well, with the Westin and the Diplomat being under the same owner and treated as sister properties, users receiving the Westin have also been assigned to the Diplomat, which provides a shuttle to the beach (those familiar with this situation please chime in to make sure i got it right)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would say it's probably not the Westin Diplomat because Expedia is showing no vacancy during that time period. Crowne Plaza would be my guess as it's available for $126 on Expedia during that period.

My husband stayed at the Westin last year and I believe that the pp is right: the Westin is beachfront but the Diplomat is across the road overlooking the Intracoastal. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza this year and it is also across the road (near beach) overlooking the intracoastal however, the beach is probably a 2 minute walk except for the fact that you may have to wait a few minutes for the Walk light.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]