Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (White House-Downtown) Four Points

gallinaa
By gallinaa,
in

Hi Everyone!!!

I used this site last year when I went to DC and had great results (posted right after I received)!!! I'm looking for a little help again.

Last year I won on priceline the L'Enfant Plaza for the first week of August for roughly (I can't remember now :) ) $65 a night. I really enjoyed my stay there because of its location to the metro. I'm looking to go back to DC for the week of 7/17 leaving on 7/23, and would like to pay roughly the same price but I expect it to potentially be a bit higher. I know it's hard to target a hotel using PRICELINE, but I'm hoping there are some tips to help me!!!!

Thanks

Allison

Welcome back!

You can't bid on, or target, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess is that this is going to cost you more than $80 but if you want to give it a try...

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Convention Center...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and try again with $75/$80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good Morning

I was thinking about expanding my search to the Whitehouse Downtown area. How is this area for Tourists? I've liked the Convention Center area when I've prevously stayed there, but am willing ot look in other areas too.

Thanks

Allison

The Convention Center-Capitol Hill and White House-Downtown zones typically work well for the average user, as does Dupont Cirlce-Woodley Park. While the Dupont Circle zone is a but north of the other areas, it's usually a short metro ride away from the main sites and is in a nice neighborhood itself.

Let us know if either, or both, of the zones are acceptable, but i'll add that even with this additional zones, i think there is a decent chance that $80 still will not be enough.

Hi Again

I've gone up to $86 in CC and WH and even shortened my stay by one day - checking out on Friday instead of Saturday, and still can't get a bid accepted. Is there something going on this week in DC??? I'm surprised because my bid last year was accepted at 70 - I was sure I'd have to go up a bit, but am really surprised that $16 dollars more isn't getting accepted. Any advice?

Thanks

Between government meetings, rallies, protests, conferences, conventions, etc, etc, there is almost always something going on in DC... it's more of a question of how many events, and how big are they, in terms of how they will effect hotel demand (and prices)

I would take another look at the Dupont Circle zone to see if you could make that work for your needs... or consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Well... here's what I decided to do. I figured my dates were a little bit flexible and since I got a better price last year in August, I tried that again. I changed my dates to 8/7 - 8/13, and I bid $65 in CC/CH and was declined, then added the WH and bid $70. My bid for $70 was accepted at the Four Points by Sheraton!!!!

Thank you for your time and assistance with this!

Allison

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your dates were flexible so that you were able to get a nice deal for this trip. Glad to see you're pleased with the outcome and looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]