Priceline Hotel: 2* St Louis (Westport) Homestead Studio Suites

MIChessGuy
By MIChessGuy,
in

I found out on short notice that I'll need to head back to St. Louis this weekend. Needing to keep it cheap, I tried a $35 bid for the St. Louis-Westport area using the PRICELINE link and was accepted by the Homestead Studio Suites. Place sounds okay for a single night. The only thing that concerned me was the advisory in PRICELINE's confirmation about "limited office hours" and possibly needing to check in with the hotel's "Night Service Agent" if I arrive late at night. Not sure what that's all about. I envision a long telephone conversation with somebody in India who thinks I want to buy the hotel. :) We'll see how it goes.

$35.00 bid + $12.87 taxes and fees = $47.87 total charges

Congratulations on your success!

I wouldn't worry too much about the lockbox set-up. While i'm not a fan, the hotel staff is used to this and it usually goes pretty efficiently. The hotel doesn't have a 24 hours front desk so late at nite when there will be very few check-ins, they have security take care of key assignments and/or have a box where you can retrieve the key to your room.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My one-night stay at the Homestead Studio Suites-Westport went better than I had anticipated. I arrived shortly after 10:00 p.m., and it turned out their front desk hours were 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Check-in went fine. I did notice that the hotel's reservation slip had the handwritten notation "PRICELINE CUSTOMER" at the bottom, so no foolin' them! :)

The no-smoking room was in pretty good shape. I got a queen studio with a full-size refrigerator, a microwave oven (manufactured in 1999, the sticker inside said), two burners, a toaster and a coffeemaker. I didn't really use any of that stuff for my brief stay, but it all looked functional if a bit old. There was also a LG-brand LCD HDTV with a good channel selection, including three different Showtime's and ESPN-U. The wireless internet service worked fine. There was a $4.99 per stay charge for that, which I initialed upon check-in, but I just remembered that I didn't show a credit card then and nobody said anything at check-out. Maybe they can tell Priceline to remit the $4.99 via the card I used for my bid? (By the way, in my experience it is VERY unusual for a hotel not to ask for a credit card imprint or a cash deposit at check-in. Motel 6 is the only other chain I can think of with that policy.) The bathroom was fine. They supply soap but no shampoo. I had brought some shampoo with me anyway, though. A/C worked well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]