Priceline Hotel: Buffalo Area Hotel Advice

dal524
By dal524,
in

Hi, I've used priceline before but never for a property in the US. I am thinking of going the weekend of July 15, (stay night of 15 and 16). I would be happy with something in the 2.5-3 star range. Thinking of the 3 areas of Amherst, DT Buffalo and the Airport area. Trying to keep the cost of the 2 nights together under 140 if possible. Can anyone provide any insight to bidding strategies for this location? I see presently a 3 star in the dt area has a median retail of 150 although there is the Holiday Inn downtown going for 106 right now for that weekend (median seems quite high). Not really concerned about anything with the hotel amenities besides clealiness and maybe free breakfast would be nice. Don't plan on staying there besides sleeping. Thanks in advance.

we have stayed in the Amherst area very often to shop etc, and bid and win for the Marriott. Doing a search in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins will be a good start for you. In terms of bidding, using 3.5* for Amherst will come up with the Marriott. This is a great hotel, indoor pool, etc. No free meal but a great stay. Depending upon the time of month, we normally win at around $60-$70/night which is a great deal for this hotel. If you are only sleeping, others might have better deals for you.

Good luck.

I would be careful of the DT zone... you might get the Adam's Mark and it gets just horrendous reviews. Which is too bad, because downtown Buffalo could use the visitors. Agreed on the Marriott, though I tired and was not able to get it for a weekend at the end of June.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]