Priceline Hotel: New Orleans Downtown Zone vs. Convention Center and Warehouse Zone

Kat2
By Kat2,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a 4* hotel in New Orleans for July 8th-10th. My friend got a room at the W Hotel on Poydras St. and I would like to get a hotel as close to her as possible for no more than $76/night (the going rate for HOTWIRE's unpublished deal at the moment). I am going to start my search by bidding on PRICELINE.

My question is: Which zone(s) should I select?

I read on the Betterbidding.com's zones forum that the W Hotel is considered part of the Convention Center zone, but it looks like Poydras St. is considered to be part of Downtown New Orleans.

Thank you for your help!

Kat

Whatever the hotel lists here show, looking at the maps on Priceline, it's clear that currently, the boundary between the DT and CC dones runs down the middle of Poydras St, at least near Tchopitoulas St where the W is located. Since the W is on the north/downriver side of Poydras St, it's in the DT zone.

That said, you may not get the W but a different 4* hotel. You should look at the specific locations of the other 4* hotels DT and CC listed on this site, and decide which ones would be close enough to satisfy you, then decide which zone (or both) to bid. I think all the 4* in both zones are no more than about a third of a mile from the W. Whether that's close enough in the New Orleans July heat is something you'll need to decide for yourself.

I read on the Betterbidding.com's zones forum that the W Hotel is considered part of the Convention Center zone, but it looks like Poydras St. is considered to be part of Downtown New Orleans.

Not true...

If you look at the New Orleans Hotel List (emphasis added):

New Orleans (Downtown - Convention Center) (THIS AREA RE-ZONED)

4* W New Orleans (DOWNTOWN ZONE)

So, as indicated, the W New Orleans is in the Downtown zone, and confirmed by swag above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]