TX Dallas Holiday Inn Select Airport DFW North

pw777a
By pw777a,
in

I can only VERY STRONGLY recommend this property :

It is in my opinion a very solid 3*, with vans running 24 hours to the airport every 30 minutes; Hotel is 3-4 miles away from DFW. Rooms are confy and very spacious; to top it off free wireless internet at over 2Mb in the lobby and in the guest's rooms. Skype becomes handy in these occasions with excellent quality.

An additional reason why I am a Priceline fan :)

• 1 year later...

I stayed here on 2 October 2006 and I'd say it's definitely not a (international) 3-star.

I waited 50 minutes for the van pick up at DFW. The lobby was full of smoke from the kitchens (it was like an indoor BBQ). I was allocated a room in an adjacent block on the first floor (no elevator, so be prepared to haul your own heavy luggage up outdoor stairs in the humidity). There was a lot of noise outside from banks of air conditioning units, and I suspected maybe later from the soda vending machine in the corridor next to my door, so I asked to move rooms. (Incidentally, the soda machine would only accept 2 of 8 quarters I tried and then failed to refund them. The machine on the other floor was sold out.)

After a few minutes I was given another room, facing the pool, also in the adjacent building. None of the external doors you have to pass through were locked, despite having notices saying they are locked 24-hours for guests' securtiy and to use the key card entry system. The lock on the sliding door to the pool area was broken and the door was open when I got to the room, hardly security conscious and I'm glad I checked before going to sleep! There is a bar to drop down from the frame to prevent it from being opened.

The bed was old and in a poor state of repair if you looked down. On pulling back the sheets I discovered a hair. There was no in-room safe and the carpet was absolutely dirty - but otherwise, the decoration and furnishings were as I'd expect in a property of this level.

I didn't turn on the TV so don't know about channel choice or picture quality, but the free wifi was there and useful. It was late and I ate in the sports bar, the food came quickly and was value for money.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]