Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers

youallmad
By youallmad,
in

So the last few days I have been bidding for 4* Hotels in pretty much every zone on Manhattan for the dates (T-F) 6/28-7/1. Started at $120 and have raised up to $150

On Hotwire there is a 4* Midtown central for $188 and an Empire State 3.5* for $149 so I know I must be close on Priceline.

The last time I bid on Priceline they said I could have a special offer bid if I went from $150 up to $180 without adding a zone.

Knowing I want a 4* and knowing I want to pay around $150 or less, should I wait a few days to reset the field or do I keep going up?

Thanks.

The Midtown Hotel Amenities on the Hotwire 4* $188 are:

No-Smoking,fitness, restaurant, Business, internet,

recommended by 80%

Nobody can say if rates will come down... or move higher... between now and your stay. Currently the 'right' numbers is someplace between $150 and $188... how high are you willing to go to secure a 4* deal now (vs. risk the price moving higher rather than lower)

Note that HOTWIRE only shows one other 4* hotel in Manhattan which is $270/nite... so if the current 4* MTC property were to disappear, how would you feel about lowering your star rating to the 3.5* level?

My best guess for the HOTWIRE property is the Sheraton New York Towers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good advice, that HOTWIRE 4* is already up to $192. I will try again to bid tomorrow once I reset and go up higher. If I do not get it I will look 3.5*. Is there a zone with 3.5 on either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE where I need to focus on or avoid so I can get the best quality hotel?

I have been to NY so many times but never stayed in anything nice. I will book something in the next few days for NY and then Boston (7/1-7/3) and post my results.

Concerns at the 3.5* level in the Midtown zone include CPS (The Hudson, which is a very trendy boutique property with very small rooms - some people may love it, but those who are not into the "scene" of the hotel are not going to be pleased with the tiny rooms; it's understandably a "love it or hate it" hotel) and MTE (Two properties - the Millennium UN and The Hilton Manhattan East, which are both rather far E in MTE.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]