Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

rlarsen
By rlarsen,
in

I've been trying for that weekend too, but I think it's a bit early. There doesn't seem to be any huge conventions that would affect availability. I have the Westin River North using starpoints (loyalty program) on backup in case I don't get a bid by then.

Post if you get an accepted bid. Thanks.

I've been trying for that weekend too, but I think it's a bit early. There doesn't seem to be any huge conventions that would affect availability. I have the Westin River North using starpoints (loyalty program) on backup in case I don't get a bid by then.

Post if you get an accepted bid. Thanks.

I absolutely will. Our convention is in towm but I don't think 5000 is a big number. We are using however many of the popular winning hotels as part of our preferred list. We'll keep trying.

Rates vary significantly by dates and rates varying significantly from one day to the next are not unusual in major cities. The rates in June - and there are some rates in June that have been higher - are not going to reflect what it will require for these dates. At this point, given regular rates and HOTWIRE rates, I think unfortunately a bid for a 4* in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone is probably going to require in the neighborhood of $100-120. I would take it slowly because you do have time, and move up by $5's. I would start at $80 and move up by $5's. Both Expedia and the Hyatt website are showing the Hyatt as not available for all of these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been trying for 3 weeks now to get a 4 star in loop/millenium park and/or north river for around $70-$80. I noticed one person a few days back landed a victory in this same hotel and price range for this area. Still no luck for me this evening however. I'll keep trying and hopefully things start to loosen up over the next couple of weeks.

8/10-8/14

Have you won anything or made any decision for your previous Priceline Chicago stay for the nites before this one (8/6-8/10)... or will you no longer be in the city for those nites as well and this trip replaces that one??

For the stay above rates are not that high and currently i suspect you should be able to get something for about $100 or less, but not sure how high you're willing to go at this point in time. Do keep in mind that rates are date specific, so you won't always be able to duplicate another user's winning bid if rates/demand for their dates is less than rates/demand for your own nites.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- and please remember to follow-up your previous thread linked above. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My dates did have to change slightly but the goal pretty much remained the same. I could in fact be only $15-20 off but on numerous occaisions in the past priceline has basically come back and said we can"t do it at this price but we can at..... So I think over $100 is still the going rate.

Sorry for the extra thread! I'll get the hang of this.

I have received no counters as of yet on this trip. I continue at least for now to max out at $80 and add areas and star levels along the way. It seesm that each day someone is winning in this range so I don't see any point now in radically changing tactics. Over the years, I have not had to "give in" too often. I did try again today maxing out at $80, 3 1/2 stars, north river and the loop.......but denied once more. I still have time so I'm not losing sleep over it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]