Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) DoubleTree Oakbrook

tinsley
By tinsley,
in

I will be traveling from WI to an obligation in Winfield IL on 6/10. I wanted to stay close to this location, around 30 min, but also I want to be in an area that is closer to the city rather than farther away. This led me to bid in Oak Brook on a 4*. There are a lot of re-bids for Oak Brook when choosing 4* in the Western suburbs however I wasn't able to win a room, ending at $55.00.

I'm not super familiar with the burbs. Is Oak Brook the area I should target? And if so should I drop down to a 3.5*? What about Itasca? I don't want to spend much more than $55.00, what strategy should I use.

Thank you.

The West suburbs are far enough out that spillover from busy city dates does not terribly effect these properties, but if there is something going on in the specific area, rates may be higher. The West burbs are a ways from the city, but if you have to be out that way, Itasca is another alternative, but Schaumburg is often a reasonable alternative - the 3.5* level in the Schaumburg area can often be had for a reasonable price in the $40-45 (and sometimes a couple of dollars less) neighborhood if nothing is going on. The IKEA Schaumburg is also a cheap breakfast idea (and there's another IKEA in Bolingbrook) - there's a 99 cent breakfast from 9:30-10:30a listed as available at both stores. The giant Woodfield Mall is also in Schaumburg.

In terms of being closer to the city and near this location, that's a bit more difficult, as once you leave the city, there's not much at all in the way of hotels between downtown and the West Burbs.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]