Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Las Vegas (Convention Center) Hilton Las Vegas

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Very methodical bid with two rebids, started at $34, then $36, then $38 (might've been accepted at $37). Making it all the better was that I had an Entertainment $20 applied toward my 3-night bid so my cost was actually $31/night for a $93/night hotel that's pushing 4-stars for a Sat-Sun-Mon of a holiday (Mon) weekend.

Determined that Hilton was available for these nights on Hotwire for $46 and verified that Priceline vacations far and away had the Hilton as the cheapest 3.5-4-star in this zone, so knew I'd be likely to get the Hilton. Off-Strip is a nice break, plus ou can still see the fireworks and the monorail/other transportation is quick to the Strip.

One other thing for those of you strategizing: I almost went with a PL vacation package(DEN-LAS) for $270. But I was concerned that the PL choice of flights might not be what I wanted (two flights each to and from were at the same retail price, but a big difference, i.e. 6 pm vs 930 pm to Vegas and 630 am vs 8 am to Den). So I held the flights directly with my airline for $140 RT (Frontier lets you call for a 24-hour courtesy hold, a few other airlines let you book and then cancel within 24 hours) and then saw if I could bid cheaper or equal to the PL VP.

I.E. My total cost was $255; VP was $269 and airline-Hotwire w Entertainment $20 rebate was $280. So definitely if a good VP comes up with PL choosing flights and multiple flights available retailwise at same price, you may want to see if you can hold the flights and bid successfully so you have more control on travel times (this will ONLY work if the desired hotel(s) are likely to come up via bid; via my research from Hotwire and PL VP I knew the Hilton would be my hotel if accepted). Just thought I'd share.

I bid through the BB link to PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]