Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami Intl Airport (MIA)

belindai
By belindai,
in

I used the BB HOTWIRE link to check hotels

Looking at bidding on priceline for 4* Miami Intl Airport (MIA) 1 night 06/10/11...06/11/11

Looks like four hotels on priceline - Hilton, Intercontinental, Marriott, Sofitel

Median price $119

Where do you suggest to start bidding?

Do you know of any recent winning bids? Likely hotels won?

Looking at maximum bid $75 if hotwire has $81.

Hotwire:

$81

Amenities: Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry (Self Serve), Hi-Speed Internet, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby

Recommended 75% reviews

Could this be the Sofitel - though doesn't mention children activities

This property has not yet been reported to the board as-is, but my guess is a new amenity combination for the Hilton Miami Airport.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you suggest which 4* hotels have been reported lately on priceline?
Enter 'Airport MIA' in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the page and you'll see all related wins in this area for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE.
If it is likely the Hilton on Hotwire, would it be likely Hilton on priceline?
No, not necessarily.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Would you recommend the hotels in the 4* zone or 3.5* zone? There seems to be mixed reviews on 4* sounding rooms outdated.
Do the 3.5* rated properties have much better reviews? Also, when you select a star level on PRICELINE it is the minimum you are willing to accept in the area, so even though you may choose to bid 3.5*, your bid could be upgraded to the 4* level... so it would be impossible to entirely avoid the 4* rated hotels by bidding on 3.5*. If you're try to target/avoid a specific property HOTWIRE may be the better, although slightly more expensive, option.
Can you advise the re-bid zones for 4* and 3.5*hotels?
You should know how to determine there on your own since they need to be checked before every bidding cycle. If you've read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are confused, try this approach:

Start with the following...

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Miami, FL' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

OH THANKS!! I didn't know it worked like that, makes it easy to check. I put down 3.5* REBID 4* REBID for zones without 3.5* or 4* REBID hotels.

Aventura 3.5* REBID 4* REBID

Coral Gables - Coconut Grove

Dadeland 3.5* REBID 4* REBID

Miami Airport West

Miami Beach

Miami Downtown

Miami International Airport (MIA)

Miami Lakes - Hialeah 4* REBID

Miami West 3.5* REBID 4* REBID

North Miami 3.5* REBID 4* REBID

North Miami Beach

South Beach - Central

South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront

South Beach - Ocean Drive

Southwest Miami 3.5* REBID 4* REBID

I guess I don't have specific hotels in question, hilton seemed to get pretty poor reviews, just not that familiar with these hotels and how they are comparable, and whether the known 4* are just as good as 3.5* as their retail prices are not that different.

There are some people who like the Hilton, i think room quality there differs from room-to-room (some may have been refurbished while others not) so room assignment may greatly impact the guests' experience.

Not sure if you just need the room for a quick overnite or if you'll actually be using the facilities during this stay, and just how much you intend to 'use' the hotel should play a factor in your decision to go for a 4* or 3.5*. Should you land something like the Hilton, for $75 or under, would it be that bad... most of the negative reviews are probably coming from guests who paid somewhat more than that (and therefore expect more). I've had plenty of hotels stays where i thought it was a great deal for the (PRICELINE) price paid, but if i was paying full price, my review would be be substantially different.

Let us know what star rating you decide you'd like to try for and how you'd like to proceed.

Ran out of time before flight so couldn't bid, arrived at MIA airport and just booked the sofitel from the airport. I would recommend the sofitel, nice art deco foyer, bar area, pool, rooms are good, comfy bed, the concierge arranged for a car to take us to a cuban restaurant around the corner and picked us up again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]