Priceline Hotel: First time Priceline user, need help

travelmom
By travelmom,
in

I am a Hotwire user and have never used Priceline. I need some help and advice.

I would like to make a bid for a 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson. I only want to stay at this hotel due to its proximity to PATH. What are the chances of getting this hotel?

What bid should I start off with, and what bids should I re submit? My dates of stay is June 24, 25, 26, and departing on June 27.

I also noticed that Priceline does not ask you how many is in your party (ie. adults/children), would it be a problem getting a room with two double beds?

Thank-you for your help.

As you are probably aware, it is not possible to target a specific hotel through Priceline. In your situation, there is another hotel of equal rating in the same zone as the Hyatt Regency on Hudson, the Doubletree Club Suites. Both properties appear in successful bids, so I'd say even if you get a successful bid for a 3*, you only have a 50-50 chance of getting your desired hotel. Because of this, I would suggest that Priceline is not going to be a good option for you.

Regarding rooms with multiple beds, I've had Priceline reservations where the hotel made me take a king only and other times where they have made me take a room with two beds. It all boils down to availability. I would say that the majority of time, the hotel will honor my request on room type, but again, if you must have a room with two beds, it is better to try Hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]