Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USE) Villa Florence

baldheadcat
By baldheadcat,
in

Dear all,

Just want to report my bid result of SF trip.

Details of the pervious bid please refer to this link :

USE Marriott $82... 6/18 to 6/21

Try a few times these days for 4* USE zone , bid up to $100 with no counter-offer and also out of my budget.

Hotwire showed $90 3* hotel which may be Harbor Court, close to my conference venue (Haytt Regency) but still too expensive.

Hotwire also got $70 - $100 3* and 3.5* boutique hotel in USE and USW zone, not that interested, so change my mind and considered PL boutique in USE.

Using the same strategy, start a new bid for Boutique at $60, got conunter offer of adding $17

The starting rate seems too high, close window, start a new bid at $55, got counte offer of adding $15 ?!

Not quite understand , anyway, close window again, start again at $50, no counter offer.

Now pretty sure the target room rate should be around $55 + 1/3*$15 but more than $60.

Start a new bid at $61 , no counter offer :)

Start a new bid at $62 , got Villa Florence

Your offer : $62

No. of night 5

Total : $365

The best room rate online I can found for the above period is $149 for first 3 nights and $139 for the last 2 nights (Expedia) , about 60% saving !!

The overall review of this hotel is pretty good (except samll room and noisy) and location is perfect, (next to Union Square, Bart station, cable Car..)

It is also very close to my next stay - Marriott in 4th street so I can just bring my stuffs and walk to Marriott.

I'm very happy to have this boutique hotel and can't thanks more to all users in this forum who teach me a lot.

Special thanks to thereuare , we won't have this wonderful site without your effort , thanks again.

Regards

Nicely detailed post!

Happy to see that you have now completed your plans for this stay... and came in well under the $210 rate the conference hotel was offering. If need be you can certainly take a LOT of cab rides before you get up to that rate!

The hotel seems nice, with free internet access and an evening wine reception.

Good luck at the conference and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]