Priceline Hotel: Somma Lombardo - new zone for MXP (Milan airport)

XT600
By XT600,
in

Note that when you search MXP it actually defaults to Saronno, Lombardia... which is about 15 miles away from Somma Lombardo.

Unfortunately i don't have any insight as to which hotels may be offered within these zone boundaries.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

True THEREYOUARE this is very strange - you search for "MXP" - priceline shows hotels for "Somma Lombardo" (which is close to MXP airport) but when you click NYOP it goes to "Saronno, Lombardia" which is neither MPX (Malpensa) or Somma Laombardo.

Hotels in that area according to Tripadvisor (also sometimes incorrect):

4* Starhotels Grand Milan

4* Unahotel Malpensa (as you see the hotel names refer to the "closeby" airport)

plus some minor important motels and business hotels in this (ugly) industry area of Milan's suburbs...

So my "hot" tip would be Unahotel Malpensa as Unahotels also has some wins in other parts of Italy. Of course both above hotels are 3* acc. to Priceline standards....

When PRICELINE doesn't cover a certain area they will show you a zone nearby... i think in this situation it's just coincidence that the two cities (the one you're looking for and the one they're referring you to) have such similar names.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not necessarily.. it's possible that the Saronno, Lombardia is new and they have set it up so that when somebody searches for "MXP" they at least offer this as an option in hopes of still capturing a sale, since they don't offer NYOP hotels in the immediate MXP area (i'm just speculating)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]