Priceline Hotel: 3* Destin Ramada Plaza Beach Resort -need assistance

Jeff Thompson
By Jeff Thompson,
in

Hey guys new to the boards.

I have a quick question looking to stay Oct 20-24 at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort(wedding there) at Fort Walton but it comes up in the Destin search with other 3* hotels. Can you guys give me any pointers that might help me out to make sure I can snag that hotel instead of another hotel. I noticed one winning bid back in Jan for around 50$.

And of course I know to use the links listed on the website :)

Thanks,

Jeff

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I was looking to stay at Fort Walton beach which is not listed on this board and during a quick search on priceline a message pops up saying there isnt enough selection for name your own price for that area.

But upon attempting to use my 20$ credit for any name your own price I was actually able to make an offer for that area.

With the following rejected bids for a 3* dates Oct 20-24

40$

45$

50$

Will update tomorrow.

I'm not sure the issue you were having with the city but i just had no problem enter "Fort Walton Beach" and was able to bid on the area.

Please note that you can still use your Bonus Cash along with the board's PRICELINE links as follows...

1) click the PRICELINE link on the board

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

3) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Good luck on your next round of bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's possible that it's too early, but it can also be difficult to find deep discounts in smaller hotel markets... there is less competition and therefore hotels tend to not discount opaque rates as deeply. If you don't want to bid higher at this time i'd book a fully refundable back-up reservation (see the links in our support page) and then continue to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE link the weeks ahead.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (and those in the support page) for your purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for closing this thread.

If you didn't, please note as per our support page we're an affiliate of Hotels.com as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links there whenever possible for your hotel direct purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]