Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC 6/4/11-6/5/11

kwack06
By kwack06,
in

I am having difficulty finding a hotel room in any of CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, TS and UWS for Saturday June 4, for under $120. Any thoughts on how high I will need to go to get into a 4* in these areas? Alternatively, what range would you suggest if I were to aim for 3.5*?

Thanks!

I tried Brooklyn 3.5* bidding with the four rebid zones and got up to $133 with no luck. I have been using the site's PRICELINE link. I would like to stay under $150 for the bid price, at either 3.5 or 4 level, in Manhattan or Brooklyn. I would prefer to target zones where it might be easier to win a room at a larger hotel (in hopes of making a request at check in for a room with two beds), but that's a preference rather than a deal breaker. Thanks for any advice you can give.

I tried Brooklyn 3.5* bidding with the four rebid zones and got up to $133 with no luck.

Did you include any Manhattan zones in this latest round of bidding?

Are you arriving to the area by driving, flying or mass transit?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you include any Manhattan zones in this latest round of bidding?
I used Coney Island, LIC, Queensborough Bridge, and Upper East Side to rebid.
I meant did you bid on any Manhattan zones which you were willing to accept... or are you only looking for a hotel in Brooklyn?
I will be flying into the area a few days earlier.
Could you stay on the NJ side in Hoboken... looks like the Westin or Hyatt may be available for $120 or less and easy access to the PATH train to get to Manhattan.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking for either Manhattan or Brooklyn. I had not included many of the zones in the rebid as I had already gone up to the $130 mark (and was trying to see if I could get any of the 3.5 stars in Brooklyn on that attempt).

I would not want to stay in NJ.

So to confirm your current goal is the least expensive 3.5* or better in any of the following zones:

Brooklyn, CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, TS and UWS

Are you willing to bid up to $150 at this point in time?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, UWS (and potentially Brooklyn although i would leave that out now that there are viable options within your budget directly in NYC)...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, UWS, TS (and potentially Brooklyn)...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

If the above is rejected HOTWIRE has 3.5* hotels in both Chelsea and Downtown for ~$130/nite which we can take a closer look at.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 year later...

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of Hotels.com as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links in the Support Page for your future non-opaque purchases when you're not successful with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]