Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Hotel Felix

kenchau
By kenchau,
in

So our group really wanted something in the Mag Mile area, so I kept trying for NMA-North ($90, $100, $110) and finally $120 was accepted for Hotel Felix (2 rooms). I did use the PRICELINE link.

I don't mind the location - I think it's great. Few blocks west of Mag Mile. But, reviews I've read indicate the rooms are quite small. So, I'm a little worried about that since we have 4 (potentially 5 people). I'm going to have to call the hotel to see if they even have rollaway beds. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the location and the deal you received. Quad occupancy, not to mention FIVE, can be a bit difficult in larger cities such as Chicago... if you do call the hotel i would also inquire as to the possibility of upgrading to a suite 'just in case' some other friends decide to join you. If it's only $50 or so divided by 5 people it's a small amount for the added comfort.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had a couple of questions, if anyone could be so kind as to lend their knowledge. So in my case I bid $120 and got the Hotel Felix, but Priceline of course has various 4* hotel suppliers. My question is, if I would have gone in with $150 or $175 to start, would Priceline have negotiated for a different costlier 4* hotel or would I have automatically gotten Hotel Felix for $150 or $175 ? That's the thing I don't quite understand. Anyone know?

Also, off topic, can anyone tell me at Wrigley Field (because I want to watch the Cubs-Yankees game that weekend) what is the difference between regular seats and seats that have "RESERVED" as part of their section description. For example, they have Terrace Box Infield and Terrace Reserved Infield, or Upper Deck Box Infield and Upper Deck Reserved Infield. What's the difference? All tickets still have a section/seat number assigned. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]