Priceline Hotel: Last Minute Sunday Night?

hwfiv
By hwfiv,
in

I am already in Vegas and I want to extend my stay on Sunday night. I'm at the Sahara, but their book rate is a lot higher than some of the other book rates at BETTER hotels for Sunday night. I'm considering throwing the dice with Priceline and trying to get a really GREAT hotel for Sunday night on the strip. Any suggestions? All I really want is the strip and a great room in a great hotel. Hotels.com has Luxor at 92 and Excalibur at 75. Could I do better with Priceline and get something better than Excalibur? Or a better price at Luxor?

As much as I'd like to try the Venetian someday - I'm honestly hoping for something in the $70 or $80 range. My dream hotel is the Luxor to stay in the Pyramid. But any of the 4 stars would be good, I think. I just know that if i bid too low on Priceline and I'm denied, then I lose my chance for bidding again for tomorrow night. So I'm trying to do it right the first time so I can get it. Not sure what free re-bids means, though.

I don't think you will have a problem getting something in your range as Hotwire has a 4* for $91. You have 3 free rebids @ the 4* level, airport,nellis,and UNLV. If you close you browser each time you add a zone and start a new bid you can get more bids out of it.

If you have a Entertainment Book you can book with HOTWIRE and get $30 back with the coupon from the book.

The Venetian is probably tougher to come by a great deal than the Luxor... i would try for the Venetian while you have the opportunity.

My .02

Since you're there now, can you please follow-up your previous LAS VEGAS HOTWIRE post with the result of whatever you ended up doing or booking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

As asked, I'm following up on my posts here. Unfortunately, I was too nervous about risking the Hotwire thing for this particular trip as location was hugely important to me as I was attempting to be as close to my friend's hotel as possible. I wish I had some great information to pass on to everyone, but I decided to not risk ending up in Circus Circus or at an off-strip hotel on this trip and so I just paid full price.

I will, of course, report any actual bookings I make via hotwire or priceline. Thanks everyone!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]