Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal (Convention Center-Old-Latin) Hyatt Regency

MelP
By MelP,
in

Headed up to Montreal for the U2 shows there, with a little side trip to Ottawa (which I've already have won a priceline bid). Was going to wait a bit to bid this, but decided to try now rather than add a night to the backup res that I would've ended up canceling anyway.

Decided to go for the Downtown and CC-Old-Latin zones at 3.5*+ (each zone had one 3* I didn't want, which is why I went to 3.5*). Yesterday was my first round of bidding - first bid using both zones was $80, rejected. Added Laval as a free re-bid and upped to $85, nothing, then Longueil at $90, rejected, and then Point Claire at $95, rejected. Waited 24 hours, and then tried again this afternoon. Bid both Downtown and CC-Old-Latin 3.5* at $95 and received a counteroffer of $120. Rejected that and added Laval at $100. That was rejected and I added Longueil at $105, and hit for this:

4* Hyatt Regency Montreal

Check-In Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Check-Out Date: Sunday, July 10, 2011

Your Offer Price: $105.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $420.00 (US dollars)

Taxes and Fees: $85.92 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $505.92 (US dollars)

Lowest advance rate for my dates is US $211 for the 6th and US $174 for the other nights. Would have I gotten something cheaper if I'd waited...maybe, but probably $10-15/night at most, so I am fine with the hotel and the rate. Anyway, that's the last of the bidding for now. I used the PRICELINE link - thanks once again for the guidance. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and the deal you received. Sometimes it's nice to know that your plans are set and you can begin to focus on other aspects of your travel.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]