Priceline Hotel: 4* London

overhear
By overhear,
in

Hello,

I'm in a bit of a muddle and hoping to get some advice. I'll be in London with my husband and daughter from June 14-21. My husband would like to stay near his brother in Chiswick, whereas I think I'd prefer to be closer to the sights. Right now I'm thinking that a hotel near the District Line between Kensington and central London would be best -- i.e. Kensington, Chelsea, or Westminster on Hotwire, OR Kensington or Westminster on Priceline.

It seems that given my location constraints, it would be best to use Hotwire where I can try to identify the precise hotel before bidding. That said, I am not seeing anything available on Hotwire in those areas.

Although my post title indicates 4*, I am willing to pay a bit more if something comes up on Hotwire that looks like a very nice property.

I would very much appreciate a reality check on this as I don't know London at all and could be way off,

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

OK, now I'm talking to myself here. I looked into the PL zones a bit more. The Mayfair-Soho zone has many 4-5* hotels that would be within 1 1/2 miles of the District line, which runs along the north bank of the Thames in central London.

I also see that many betterbidders have been tempted to fish for the 5* Marriott County Hall in Westminster. Hmmm, it is tempting. Does anyone have a sense of how likely it is that a new 5* has been added to Westminster? If so, might those newly added 5* be far afield of the District line?

Yes. 2 Adults and 1 child. But not finding anything in my areas. Might I be doing something wrong?
Probably not... most 'standard' rooms in Europe are not designed for more than double occupancy, so when searching HOTWIRE for triple occupancy, there may be no offers in a given zone and/or prices for hotels which are offered may be much more expensive then when search for double occupancy.
Does anyone have a sense of how likely it is that a new 5* has been added to Westminster?
There is no telling if/when a new hotel is added to the zone, but in light of the above (many standard European hotel rooms not accommodating more then double occupancy) i don't think PRICELINE is a good option in Europe when you need triple occupancy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the delay in following up here. Based upon the advice above, I decided to try a different route. I booked a room for 3 ppl for 7 nights at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel London for $2133.85, including all taxes and fees via simply-london.com. The website offers many deals with a free night when you reserve 2 or more nights, which really brings the price down.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]