MIA-MBJ

belindai
By belindai,
in

Hi, I have never bidded on flights on priceline before, so wondering if you could help. I will use the BB PRICELINE link.

"While priceline always searches for non-stop flights first, you must agree to make at least one connection each way (unless otherwise specified). We determine the connection time in conjunction with the best routing and frequency of service for the price you requested."

"The airlines will choose your flight times. Your trip may start anytime from 5am on your travel dates to as late as 2am the next day, and may arrive anytime on the day after departure."

Flying MIA-MBJ the cheapest and direct flights showing on priceline are with AA $499 including tax, 1hr35min.

However, priceline also shows MIA-MBJ with 1 stop double the price with US Airways $906 including tax anywhere from 6hr to 20hr, because of absurd connections.

My question is - is it likely on priceline flight bids to receive a flight with one stop which is double the price, rather than the cheaper direct flight taking 1hr 35min?

How much discount do people usually get on flights, and at what price would it be best to start bidding?

I don't want to bid if there is a high risk of getting US Airways flight that will be 20 hours in duration, when it should only be 1hr35min flight.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]