Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Monte Carlo

traveler2007
By traveler2007,
in

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

What are the actual date(s) of your stay and what is your expected budget (per nite before fees and taxes)?

As you're willing to stay off-strip (just how far off strip??) what is the purpose of this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand that I might get only one bed but in the past I have always got 2 beds (although never tried in Vegas) - so I am willing to take my chances on that.

We are in Vegas from 13th to 15th June and its a vacation. I don't mind staying away 10 to 15 miles away from the strip for a family friendly place - I do not want to end up booking at a hotel which either does not allow kids or the place itself is not appropriate for kids. I am booking 2 rooms (we have another couple with us) am fine paying upto $100 per room for a 4*/5*.

Appreciate your help! I will make sure I book using the PRICELINE link.

Separately, I am also trying to book a room in Flagstaff,AZ but my Priceline of $52 bid for 3* in Flagstaff zone was rejected. Unfortunately there are only 2 zones in that area so I will have to wait for 24 hours to re-bid - will update the forum.

We are in Vegas from 13th to 15th June and its a vacation. I don't mind staying away 10 to 15 miles away from the strip for a family friendly place - I do not want to end up booking at a hotel which either does not allow kids or the place itself is not appropriate for kids. I am booking 2 rooms (we have another couple with us) am fine paying up to $100 per room for a 4*/5*.
Your budget should be enough for a 5* in the Strip North Condo zone (likely the Trump) and possibly a 5* in the Strip North or Strip South zone, so why not just bid on that? Given how PRICELINE works, there is no way to select a 'kid friendly' hotel so not sure if there is a particular property you're trying to avoid... but none of the 5* places are 'kid friendly' enough that you would want them running around and/or screaming in the lobby as might be appropriate/expected at a Days Inn :)

Personally i like the 5* hotels in Vegas, but if you're focus is on the kids why not just book something like NYNY for $65/nite which is certainly kid friendly enough and has a roller coaster on site, the lioin exhibit across the street at the MGM Grand, and the Excalibur castle across the street on the other side... or Monte Carlo for $58/nite (average) which has a lazy river pool which i imagine the kids would like (although some might consider this is a borderline 4* hotel)

Separately, I am also trying to book a room in Flagstaff,AZ but my Priceline of $52 bid for 3* in Flagstaff zone was rejected. Unfortunately there are only 2 zones in that area so I will have to wait for 24 hours to re-bid - will update the forum.
If you'd like help or to report a win, please use a separate thread for your Flagstaff thread in the Priceline Arizona section of the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links above if you go with the hotels indicated)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After booking the room, I see that the regular room rate for those dates is about $60 (maybe they are running a special rate), not too different from the rate I got via bidding on priceline. I started bidding at the lowest rate recently reported on this forum for this property. I am wondering if I would have benefitted by starting with a lower bid - or if this is the floor rate and the hotel would not accept anything below this. I know it's hard to say for sure but would be worth a try given that you can re-bid 5 times at this location.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope this works well for your family as the lazy river pool is one of the highlights of this property.

You should always use as much information as you can when formulating a bidding strategy, and while i don't know if this property would have gone for much less, i think starting lower would have made sense given i had previously quoted the $58/nite rate at this property for your dates.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]