Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTC) Manhattan Centre Hotel

bbedwards
By bbedwards,
in

Hello,

I used the HOTWIRE link provided here, and am searching for a decent deal on a room that's not a total dump. Dates are 6/6/11 to 6/8/11.

Hotwire shows a 2* in Central Park for $140, which is substantially cheaper than anything else I see for these dates. The hotel is recommended in 75% of Hotwire customer reviews. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

EDIT-I forgot to mention, 3.0 rating on trip advisor, and the hotel amenities are fitness center, restaurant, business center, and high speed internet. Days Hotel Broadway perhaps?

The Days Inn on Broadway would be an initial guess but i'm not certain, and one of the places i like to research is currently unavailable. If you are interested in this property reply to this thread later today (at least 2+ hours from now) and i'll try to research further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am definitely interested in the property, but in all honesty I am disheartened by the rates I am seeing for these dates. I am deciding between getting this room or risking losing the rate and trying my luck on a 3* or 4* on Priceline. Ideal rate would be $150/nt. Thanks for your help.

A PRICELINE 3*/4* at $150 vs. this 2* at $140 would be an easy decision, but given the rate of this 2* and everything else substantially higher, i don't think expecting a 3* or better for $150 is realistic based upon current rates. Of course you can try and/or rates can change, but $150 doesn't see likely at the moment.

I'm still not sure of this property, but i would likely sooner go with HOTWIRE's 2.5* property in the Downtown zone for $185. This one shows Breakfast, Internet and Fitness icons, and while this one has not been reported to the board either, it has a 90% recommendation rating and a 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I should've stated initially, my dates are slightly flexible. My stay in the area is from 6/3 to 6/8. I am staying with fam in NJ, but I'd like to get a room in the city for the wife and I for at least a couple nights.

I have a major snafu in my plan though. I am going to the Yankees game on 6/7, and my flight the next morning departs LGA at 5:45am (!). The Yankees game will probably not end until at least 11-11:30 best case scenario.

So now I am considering getting a room from 6/5-6/7, and skip the room for 6/7-6/8. Hang in the city after the game and head to the airport.

Hotwire is showing a 3 1/2* in MTC for $165, tempting. It also appears that all rates are slightly cheaper for these dates. 6/7 seems to be a pricey night to stay in NYC.

I think my new plan is to research and find the best rate for these dates on hotwire, then give priceline a shot to see if I can beat the price. If I were to ask for advise on a bidding strategy on priceline, would you like me to start a new thread in the price line forum? Or continue here? I'd be looking for 3* or better, In TS, MTW, MTE, CPS, MSG, ESB. Not necessarily in that order. Thanks for your help!

We'll just continue this thread and if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

So for 6/5-6/7, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? Also, note that when bidding less then 4* in MTE there are some hotels which can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway and when less then 4* in the CPS the Hudson Hotel comes into play which has notoriously small rooms... would both of these be acceptable?

Let us know the info above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I am walking the line between price and comfort. Ideally I would like to find a 3-4* for $150 or less. I think ultimately price will be my deciding factor. I'd like to avoid the sub 4* MTE situation. As for CPS, I guess it would be on the bottom of my choices below 4*.

I guess start with 4* with $150 max, and work down in star rating from there? TS, MTW, MSG, ESB. If I have to, I will add CPS (small rooms or not).

At the 4* level CPS is not an issue, so we'll include that in this first round of bidding, you can later decide if you want to include it in 3.5* bidding. Also, all of the 'known' 4* hotels in the MTE zone are well location, so i'm assuming we can include this zone too? Lastly, there are no 4* hotels currently offered in the MSG zone so that will be omitted from the first round of bidding at 4 stars.

So in sum: For 6/5-6/7 you want to bid the TS, CPS, MTE, MTW and ESB zones with a maximum bid of $150. If this is correct, i'd start as follows:

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected, we'll move on to 3.5* bidding and add MSG, and remove MTE (and you can let us know if we should remove CPS or not)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If rejected, we'll move on to 3.5* bidding and add MSG, and remove MTE (and you can let us know if we should remove CPS or not)

Did you want to include CPS in your 3.5* bidding or not?

Sure, let's add it. I am looking for the best possible deal. If you could, please also suggest a 3* strategy? I'm a bit confused, as there aren't many rebid zones. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Also, there is now a 2* showing on Hotwire in Central Park for $118. Lowest I've seen yet. Complimentary breakfast, fitness and business centers for anemities, customer rating on TripAdvisor 3.5 out of 5.0.

Any thoughts in general on what I should expect from a 2* in the area? Is there a chance of a place with shared bathroom? This would be a major no go for the wife.

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MSG, MTW, TS, ESB...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and MSG...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If the above is rejected and you now want to try for a 3* close the browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

At the 3* level you only have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTW and TS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and MSG...

Select 3* CPS...

Select 3* ESB and TS and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and TS and MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and TS and ESB and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and TS and ESB and CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and MSG...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

After several failed attempts (up to $140) at booking both nights together through PRICELINE, I have decided to change my strategy to booking each night separately.

I jumped on a 3 1/2* I saw tonight on HOTWIRE (for 6/5-6/6). Ended up being Manhattan Centre Hotel for $109-not too shabby!

Now the plan is to get at least a 3* for a similar price on 6/6-6/7

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, for help with, or to report a win for, the additional nite you need please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]