Hotwire Hotel: 5* Vancouver (Downtown West) The Pan Pacific

jlacobb3
By jlacobb3,
in

We're looking for a 5-star hotel in Vancouver (Downtown West Area) for July 23-26, 2011. If I put in the 23rd - 26th, the highest star rating is a 4-star. If I remove the 23rd, it shows me a 5-star. Should we hold out a little longer to see if we can get a 5-star for all of the dates we need or go ahead and book a 4-star?

Thanks - Lisa

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There is no way to know if availability will change for your date/s of travel. You can wait a week or two to see if options change, or the other option would be to see if the options change when you search for 2 adults and 2 children (even if you aren't 2/2, when you indicate 2/2 you may get some different options to choose from) to see if any additional options of interest appear. If you have any questions, please let us know and please do let us know what you decide.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I tried your suggestions, but it didn't change the outcome. It's still showing a 4* for the length of our stay. Should we go ahead and book the 4* or make two reservations - 4* for July 23 and 5* for July 24-26 OR just book the 4* for all dates? I think it will be a hassle to switch hotels, but it would be nice to be at one of the 5* hotels for a few dollars more.

I think it will be a hassle to switch hotels, but it would be nice to be at one of the 5* hotels for a few dollars more.
There is lies the trade-off. Some people will change hotels if they can save $5... others won't do it to save $50. While your goal of changing hotels would be to increase the star rating of your accommodations, the same philosophy applies, and it's really a personal choice between how much of a hassle you feel it is to change hotels mid-stay vs. staying at a 4* hotel for the duration.

If you do decide to change hotels, i would first book the two nites at the 5*. Then you can try to add one additional nite using HOTWIRE's add a nite feature. They may come back that there is no availability or they price they offer for the additional nite may be too high, but if something is available you can then make the decision if you want to pay the extra amount in order to not have to change hotels... if it's too much (or no inventory is available) then you can book the remaining nite at the 4*.

If you end up at two different properties please use this thread to report the win for the first purchase... then start a NEW TOPIC with the results of the second purchase. This will enable each win to have its own thread and others will be able to find each when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Please include in your posts the star rating, city, zone, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase... you'll still be able to view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

See the related "bid early or close to check-in" thread in our PRICELINE FAQ.

How good of a deal you feel the above hotel(s) are and how well do they work for your plans? How upset would you be if you booked now and a better offer came along later? How would you feel if you did nothing now and prices went up and/or these offers disappeared? Which feeling would be worse?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that it appeared for the full length of your stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Pocahantas,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The percent recommended shown by HOTWIRE often fluctuates a bit from search-to-search, so i would caution about using this information (especially with just a 5% difference) to try to determine which hotel you may receive.

If you'd like help with an upcoming stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]