Priceline Hotel: 3* Detroit (Airport DTW) Courtyard

mikeyjc
By mikeyjc,
in

I leave early tomorrow AM for a flight out west, and figured I'd get a room by DTW tonight to minimize the old AM "drive to the airport" stress.

Not the best deal, but not too bad either ... I probably should have bid a bit higher for a 3.5*, but didn't want to risk ending up at the Marriott again.

I started bidding in the low $30s earlier this week, and got a "free" bid each time by adding the Taylor-Southgate zone (2* max there).

My second bid for a 3* Wednesday was $35; Priceline countered wth $50, which I refused.

Late last PM, I bid $38 for 3* @ DTW, and PL countered with $53. I instead added Taylor-Southgate, bid $40, and PL accepted this bid:

Check-In Date: Friday, May 13, 2011

Check-Out Date: Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hotel Name: Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus

30653 Flynn Drive

Romulus, Michigan 48174

734-721-3200

Your Offer Price: $40.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $40.00

Taxes and Fees: $12.63

Total Charges*: $52.63

I called the hotel this AM and they cheerfully confirmed my request to switch to a king NS room (PL had booked me into a room with two doubles)

FWIW, the best comp I found for this property tonight on the Marriott website when I checked this AM was $83.54 including taxes.

I much prefer the Crowne Plaza over this particular Courtyard at this star level, but no worries.

I of course clicked thru to PRICELINE from the BB link.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add that Marriott has poured some money into refreshing this hotel between my two most recent stays ... much nicer, brighter, and better IMO this time vs. last time a few years ago. Very happy with our stay this time!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]