Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Sorrento Mesa) Staybridge Suites

retropia
By retropia,
in

In doing research here, recent winning bids seem to vary a lot depending on the specific 3* property in this zone. Country Inns seems to be on the low end, and Courtyard on the high end. It appeared that the Staybridge was being offered on Hotwire (based on amenities) for $70. Although there is no guarantee Priceline and Hotwire are offering the same hotel at the same time, I figured there was a good chance Staybridge Suites was available on Priceline.

Using the Better Bidding link for Priceline at the top of the page, I entered my desired dates and city. I selected 3* and Sorrento Mesa as my zone, and bid $56 per night. That bid was rejected, but I received an offer from Priceline that if I increased my bid to $71, I could bid again without making any other changes. I declined.

I rebid and for my change added another zone. San Ysidro was the only other zone listed in San Diego without a 3* property at that moment, so that was the zone I selected. I increased my bid to $61 per night and won. For two nights stay plus $24.26 in Priceline fees and tax, my total came to $146.26.

If I'd gone through Hotwire my total price would have been $164.90. The Staybridge Suites website listed their lowest rate at $162.99 per night, and with tax would have cost $366.92 for two nights.

I'm pleased with my Priceline win!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]