Priceline Hotel: Oahu 5 stars

Belli
By Belli,
in

Hey guys,

I'm interested in bidding on a hotel via Priceline for a stay in Oahu in June. I saw that there is a 5 Star hotel category but no hotels on the pinned list are 5 stars for that area.

Any idea what hotels this includes? I'm thinking the Halekulani? Any idea on a bidding strategy for June 7-13th?

Thanks!

I saw that there is a 5 Star hotel category but no hotels on the pinned list are 5 stars for that area.
Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board each time you access the respective sites.

The Royal Hawaiian is rated 5* by PRICELINE and is in this zone, so that would be at least one possibility that i'm aware of.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your feedback. Based on Expedia, I believe the 5 stars are: Trump International, Waikiki Edition, Halekulani, Royal Hawaiian, and the Kahala.

How does a 5 star compare with a resort? If I bid only in the 5 star category, is there any chance that I could be bumped to the resort level?

thanks!

PRICELINE and Expedia are two different services and each uses their own criteria to rate hotels, i wouldn't necessarily assume that a 5* on Expedia would be 5* rated on PRICELINE (and vice-versa).

The zone hierarchy is as follows:

5*

Resort

4*

3.5*

3*

2.5*

2*

1*

So a 5* bid can not be downgraded to a Resort class property... but a Resort class bid could be upgraded to the 5* level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]