Priceline Hotel: Minneapolis help 6/09-6/12

bamadoc
By bamadoc,
in

Something is going on, but i'm not quite sure what it is. While it may not help is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

How high are you willing to bid before considering a 4* in a different zone or lowering your star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I usually don't like splitting bids because I'm in meetings and checking out of one in the morning and into another in the afternoon is a real hassle if you end up in different hotels.

I had a reservation at the Hilton at convention rates for $200/night, but cancelled because I know I can do better. Hotwire has a 4.5* at around $150 with tax. I assume from recent posts that it is the Le Meridien. So I guess I will bid up to $125 on Priceline for a 4*. I don't usually bid lower than 4* on Priceline unless there are a number of recent wins and I'm pretty sure of the hotel I'll get.

I just didn't know if I should wait a couple of weeks or jump on the Hotwire deal.

Thanks, and I always go through this site for bids.

It's always hard to guess if rates will move up or down from here, but I'd probably bump it up a few dollars over your previous bid(s) since 1) splitting is not that convenient for you, 2) you want to stick with 4* or higher properties, and 3) even a win at $100-$105 would still represent a nice discount to a conventionally booked room for these dates.

Let us know what you decide and how it ultimately goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I booked The Marquete at $110/night + tax through the Hilton website. It was less than what Hotwire (4.5*) was offering and I had already bid up to $100 for a 4* on Priceline with no win. It is ranked #1 on Tripadvisor. I didn't get the bargain I wanted but it appears to be a great hotel and very close to the convention hotel. I've never been to Minneapolis, so I'm looking forward to seeing the city.

As always, thanks for your help. Great website.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]