Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (West Mifflin-West Homestread) Springhill Suites

amanda g
By amanda g,
in

hey,

I'd like to post my recent bidding in Pittsburgh.

After trying three weeks, I got this bid at 66$ by choosing areas of Downtown, University Center, South side and West Miffin. I don't know why I got this hotel because I preferred to choose hotels in downtown and university area. By avoiding to bid outside these two areas, I checked very carefully that only these two areas plus Airport , North, Washington-Canonsburg and East and Monroeville have 2.5 * hotels available. Therefore I chosed above four areas to increase the success of bidding. But to my surprise, the hotel I got belongs to West Miffin area, which is differently described as the area showing in the list by normal search.

Anyway, it is not too bad to have this deal. Hope we will enjoy our stay there.

Not sure if I quite follow your post - but if you were trying to use the other zones as free re-bid zones for the Downtown and Unversity zones, that would only work if the other zones highest star rated hotels available were lower than the star rating you were trying to obtain in either the Downtown or University zones. You must have bid at the 2.5* rating in order to get this hotel. In any case, I am familiar with the area - it is about 25 minute drive to Downtown without any type of traffic issues - several possible routes to get to the Downtown or University areas. You are close to a mall, shopping areas and many restaurants, but would need a car to get around even though the mall and restaurants are only a few minutes away from the Springhill Suites.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]