Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge) Hotel Marlow

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

Using your PRICELINE link, I've bid a number of times and cannot get a bid accepted. Hotwire has very few hotels for my dates, so I suspect something is going on. Westin Copley (which you can normally get rack rate at $250-300) is showing $569 for normal room on those dates. I bid $90-120 for a 4* in either Cambridge (1st choice) or Back Bay. I used all the free rebid zones so I could add $5 increments.

I have a very good back-up in Cambridge at $149 which I can cancel, but I don't want to keep going through this if someone knows of a big event. (I checked for marathon-It's a month later.) Thanks!

Not sure of any events happening - I'm not seeing anything on the events calendar at the convention center when searching there. I'm guessing this may be an instance of too far in advance. Regular rates on Expedia don't seem unusually high (overall.) What would be your desired max budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked that convention calendar, too. Same thing- nothing in particular going on. Now that I think about it, I believe you are right. It is almost unheard of for that Sheraton not to be on HOTWIRE, and it's pretty easy to ID.

My max will be $120. Otherwise, I have a hotel for $149 which gives me points, free breakfast, and a kitchenette, which will make up the $30 difference. There is an event at Harvard that weekend I want to attend, but it is not so big that it should spill over into Back Bay. Thanks for your help! I'll try again when it's only 9 months out.

• 2 months later...

I kept looking and kept getting nothing in my price range until today I decided to try each day separately and saw rates were down on the 2-5 of March. I decided to book those three nights, putting in a low ball bid of $90 for Cambridge, only to have it accepted immediately at the Marlow, which looks great.

So I decided to see how high the first night would be. I started at $120 for March 1st. I got a counter of $150. I added a free rebid zone and bid $125, which was not accepted. I tried my maximum of $130, which was ten higher than my previous maximum since I just got such a good deal at the Marlow. The bid was accepted and I will be there all four nights. I was a tiny bit worried I'd get another hotel for that first night, but even if I had, well I would have been at another non-Priceline hotel anyway.

I am happy with the results.

I used your site for the win, and also for all (I think) the bids up to the win. Yay!

Nicely done!

The Hotel Marlow gets great reviews and glad to see you received the same hotel on the second purchase.

Since the price was substantially different for the nite of March 5th, can you please post that win as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the win for that nite when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]