Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (ESB) Roger Williams

lynn30062
By lynn30062,
in

Thanks for the neighborhood descriptions. Haven't seen that elsewhere and found it helpful and steered me away from Times Square.

Doing a 2 day/nite girls shopping & sightseeing trip. 1st time for both of us in NYC. Flying into JFK.

I have my eye on Renaissance Hotel 57 (150 E 57th st) and Courtyard Midtown East (866 Third Ave). Both locations would destroy my husband's Member Rewards account. I am looking for guidance to find location on par with these properties.

My nightly budget is $250 ($300 max).

Please advise how to proceed.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is there a reason you're targeting the MTE zone as usually most of the midtown zones work fairly well for the average users (depending upon star level chosen). Also, there is a pretty wide gap in quality/experience between a Renaissance property and a Courtyard hotel, what star rating/experience are you looking for from this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click this PRICELINE link before replying, thanks)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Never been to NYC but thought MTE would be less overwhelming & still close to action & JFK (isn't everything in NYC?) As far as Renaissance & that Courtyard, Marriott rewards had them at same level (60K points) & Marriott website quoted them as $263 & $293. Tripadvisor had nice things to say despite those really low rates (figured it was bad property or location, doesn't seem the case). So before I booked directly with Marriott, I remembered Betterbidding.com and figured you'd point me in direction of great rate & property too. I know its a pain to babysit posters like me on this board but if you could point me in right direction, I promise to book thru your link & post my result when done. Good day!

And I'd love a 4* but might have to settle for 3/3.5 given my budget.

Please help identify this property searched on May 19-21, 2011. Thanks in advance.

1.)

3.5* Midtown East area hotel

Amenities:

restaurant

business center

high speed

$260

((Still gathering reviews))

Additionally - these seemed like good picks (same dates)

2.)

3.5* Midtown Central area hotel

smoke free

fitness

restaurant

biz ctr

hi speed

$299

((Still gathering reviews)))

3.)

4* Midtown East

Restaurant

biz ctr

high speed

$292.70

70% recommend

I would recommend expanding your zones as there really doesn't appear to be any reason for your to restrict your geographic boundaries to MTE. For the average visitor, MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and ESB all typically work well at the 4* level... if bidding less then 4* there may then be other zones you wish to add and some of the above you want to exclude (due to 'known' location issues and some hotel specific issues)

If you're willing to include other zones, i think you can get a 4* hotel within your budget. HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the ESB zone, believed to be the Roger Williams Hotel, for $241/nite. You could then try bidding the zones above at the 4* level up to $241 as an upper bidding limit... or pehaps even go a few dollars more as this is one of the few hotels in NYC which actually charges a 'resort fee' (yeah, i know, in NYC :) ) so your 'true' room rate cost is about another $20 or so, so perhaps you coudl try up to $250 or so.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click this PRICELINE link before replying, thanks)
2x

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and a nice deal for this stay.

Can you please double check the amenities shown before your purchase... i believe the last icon should be BUSINESS (and not 'restaurant'). You can still view the amenities shown before your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]