Hotwire Hotel: 5* Milan Westin Palace

iamfuzzy
By iamfuzzy,
in

I went to hotwire to sign up for two rooms. i did not change the persons from 2 to 4. I selected a 5* hotel and it was the Westin. When I went to their web site to see the real price I noticed that they had plenty of rooms which only hold one twin bed! I thought all rooms would accomadate two people but I think I was wrong. I'll have to request the hotel for an upgrade when I get their or my wife and I can each take a room and have the kids sleep on the floor.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

I thought all rooms would accomadate two people

They do, a twin bed sleeps 2 people. HOTWIRE don't guarantee separate beds. They guarantee that the room will sleep the number of guests booked.

I'll have to request the hotel for an upgrade when I get their

Why not call/mail them in advance and explain your situation so maybe they can arrange 2 rooms that will work for you.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

They emailed me and confirmed my reservation and said the following: "two Classic single rooms, each room having one single bed for one person only". I think I'll wait until we get there and see what happens--I just never expected a 5* to have rooms with twin beds--I think I will stay with PRICELINE who allows two people to a room. Thanks

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed. HOTWIRE guarantees bedding for the amount of people in the party (if you are searching for 4 people, that can be two beds or 1 + sofabed or other combination; if you are searching for two people only, 1 bed is the likely result.) I would write the hotel and request two beds. The hotel can say no; you may also want to try HOTWIRE.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

can't help but I think IAMFUZZY did this exercise by purpose as the result showed different prices of 2 singles than 2 doubles?

However 2 x 5* double rooms are shown for $293/room for your dates today (05/25/2011) - if I search for 1 or 2 single rooms not even 1x 5* hotel is found anymore.

It's possible that The Westin trys to sell their single-rooms -if they really should have some? - at hotwire to single travellers for very low prices.

In order not to wake-up sleeping dogs, you could call anonymous and ask if the offer single rooms with single beds. If yes you might have bad luck und should try to negotiate in case they want to give you 2 single rooms.

BTW: Italians love kids, so if you arrive with the kids running around maybe you ask the concierge to take care on the kids during your check-in, I'm almost sure that these folks will be flexible to fulfill your wish for 2 double rooms. Of course you can put a 20 EUR note in your passport and try that way.....

Good luck next week!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]