Priceline Hotel: 4* Portland (Downtown) Hotel Monaco

paxnrth
By paxnrth,
in

Happy to get a 4* Downtown Portland for $111+ a night. (Taxes and fees + 70.32 for the 4 nights, so actual price is 128.58 a night taxes included.) Started at $80/$90/$95/$101/rejected using outlying districts for each additional bid (none of which have 4* hotels), till this bid was accepted.

The Monaco Portland is a Kimpton Hotel, Tripadvisor names it 2nd best hotel in Portland for personal and business, reviews are all great. Best price available on line for these nights is $179 a night. I am very happy with this win!!!! By comparison a Portland Hotel Modera was advised by Sunset Magazine was $139+ taxes as a great deal but the online reviews are not nearly as good as this PRICELINE steal. You don't always win at PRICELINE but when you do it is a big win! Price you win at depends a lot on season and which days you want: In past 2 years I have won the following 4 star hotels in downtown Portland; Westin Portland $ 70+; The Benson $80+ and $95+; Hotel Lucia $69+ in past years. They have all been pleasures, smaller rooms but quality, trendy hotels. My advice, take a gamble on a 4* downtown Portland bid. PRICELINE "told me" that they had sold a room for $150 recently, and when I started at $80 gave me a red warning that it most certainly was too low. Ignore their advice and start about $70. You have lots of free bids by adding outlying districts that don't have 4* offerings, if you understand the system. Quit when you get up to close to what a HOTWIRE room can be obtained for, or something like the Modera, not a 4* but a good bargain, costs. You won't always win, but when you do it is like winning your own little lottery! Just remember parking is always extra and costly for all downtown. But then again, you can walk almost everywhere in Portland and they have good MAX transport all around, so park your care someplace cheap and walk. Just bring your umbrella of course. Portland is green for a reason!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're quite pleased with the deal you received and looking forward to your arrival at this property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]