Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Marriott Marquis

BKL
By BKL,
in

I'm traveling to NYC from 5/21-5/24. I have some flexibility with the dates (the ability to stay at the La Quinta in Queens for any/all of those nights, for example), but I'd really like to score something nicer (and in Manhattan).

I saw on the Calendar of Wins that the World Center Hotel went for $85 a night. What do you think my likelihood of getting that same deal if I did 3.5* for Downtown-Soho-Financial District?

I really like this message board and plan to follow the link to PRICELINE when I'm ready to book.

Thanks for your help!

Or, should I try for a 4 star across a wider area? (Midtown east and west, ESB, Hell's Kitchen, etc.)

We're concerned about price, location to subways, and that the place is nice. And by nice, we mean bug and rodent free, clean and, ideally, beautiful.

This is an expensive time of year in NYC and sub-$100 isn't likely to be successful for these dates. Whether you try for a 4* or lesser star rating, and which zones, will be determined by your budget... what is your maximum budget for this stay?

I really like this message board and plan to follow the link to PRICELINE when I'm ready to book.
Thanks... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the dates 5/22-5/23 and a $230 all-in budget (~$195 maximum bid) you may be able to get a 4* hotel in the city. At the 4* level the MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB zones typically all work well for the average visitor... do you want to try for a 4* hotel in these zones OR do you want to try for a lesser rated hotel for less?

Are your plans/dates firm that you're ready to begin bidding now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Success! (Sort of.)

Booked Sunday 5/22 night at Marriott Marquis (Times Square!) with bid of $155 a night. When I tried to add on Monday's room, which is suggested that I could do, the rate skyrocketed to $438!

I was then able to get a winning priceline bid at the Sheraton New York for Monday nite.

I clicked the PRICELINE link and also booked Saturday night at La Quinta for $145 -not through choose my own price, but through their standard product through a separate link click.

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to see you'll be able 3 different hotels during this stay, but fortunately the city is easy to get around and if you pack light getting from one hotel to the next shouldn't be a big deal at all, you'll get to experience a few different areas of the city, and you saved some money! :)

Glad you're happy with the results and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]