Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Marriott Wardman Park

cpao22
By cpao22,
in

First time using Priceline (or Hotwire for that matter).

A friend who lives here suggested the DuPont Circle area since it has good nightlife and is generally a cool place. What I didn't realize was that this "area" stretches all the way up to "Woodley Park" which seems to be in the middle of nowhere. I bid $100 for a 3.5+ star in the DuPont/Woodley Park area and my bid was instantly accepted. After seeing the location of the winning hotel - Washington Marriott Wardman Park - I had a mild heart attack and called Priceline. After speaking with the end point of communication, which was the 2nd person I talked to, the REFUSED to let me change it. Even for a Priceline credit.

After reading this forum I'm kind of glad I didn't pick 4 stars, as it's likely it would have been the Omni Shoreham and that appears to be even further from the metro.

I feel a little bit better about my win now, it seems rather close to a metro stop and it's near the zoo. I will definitely be more careful about this next time! Any tips for trying to get closer to the DuPont part of this zone??

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear that the result was not exactly what you were hoping for. When bidding on PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept a property anywhere in the shaded zone; there is no way to try for a property that is in a particular part of the shaded zone. HOTWIRE is a bit better in this regard, as while there's also no guarantees, one can at least try to pinpoint which property may be showing. Glad to hear that the property is close to a Metro stop and will work out okay for the trip.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Neither is *that* far. The Marriott is across the street from the Metro while the Omni is a block away (and actually a block closer to Dupont). I just stayed at the Omni this past weekend on a priceline win and really liked the neighborhood, there are some good restaurants right there as well. The Dupont strip is walkable from there as is Adams Morgan.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]