Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Millenium Broadway

sdishman
By sdishman,
in

Hi folks,

First off, thanks for what you do. I've been actively reading this forum for a couple months now, learning the tricks of the trade, and I appreciate all the insight you offer.

I'm looking for a place in either TS or MTW for 05/26-31. Obviously that includes Memorial Day weekend so I realize things are looking pricey.

We are looking at either 3.5* or 4* hotels.

I have a backup reservation at Club Quarters for $223/night (taxes/fees included), but I think I can do better.

I've been bidding somewhat low (up to $165 for 4*, up to $155 for 3.5*) for weeks now with no luck. I've been using the 3 rebid zones per your directions.

I guess my question is less about proper approach and more about what reasonable expectations should be. Am I likely even close with my bids? Is there a likely chance that a small bump would get me a reservation? Or, if I continue to bid as I get closer to the date, does the likelihood of something falling to me in my price range increase or decrease?

Obviously my max bid would be somewhere short of my current backup reservation. Currently, my highest bid of $165 works out to about $200 a night after fees, so there's really not much margin there as it is.

Thanks in advance for your help!

When searching for these dates on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing a 3.5* in Midtown Central w/fitness, business, restaurant, internet for $129. My guess on that would likely be the Hudson, which - if it is the Hudson - is a love it or hate it property w/very small rooms, but that would be a significantly cheaper option. That hotel is a 3.5* in the CPS zone; would the CPS zone be acceptable and would you have any interest in potentially staying at this property?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

While about the same as your back-up reservation, what appears to be the well reviewed Cassa Hotel and Residences is available on HOTWIRE for $218/nite... close to Times Square and perhaps a step-up from the Club Quarters.

What hotel are your friends staying in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your (partial) success... glad to see you landed the same hotel where your friends are staying.

We'll use this thread for your Millenium Broadway purhcase, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nites of your stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite (before taxes and fees) and the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]