Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown Central) Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St

Twinkle.Lyphard
By Twinkle.Lyphard,
in

Also, will the room so tiny as NYC's?
No... but you still run the risk of receiving a room with only one bed.

If you don't want to take this risk (as you've already been burned once), from my reply to your other thread:

... bid for 2 rooms on PRICELINE or use HOTWIRE and search for triple occupancy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, if the room is not too small to add in an extra bed, it will be fine with me. The reason regarding NYC is that the room is so tiny. I think Jersey City is not as seriously on demand as Manhattan is, and thus the room may be more flexible upon arrival.
See the emphasis added above.

All will ultimately be based upon what is available at check-in, but generally the Hyatt is somewhat accommodating in bedding requests, the Westin typically won't guarantee anything before check-in, and the W Hoboken charges extra for rooms with 2 beds.

BOTTOM LINE: PRICELINE guarantees double occupancy, if you are triple occupancy and/or need a room with two beds, it's a risk. It's up to you if you're willing to take this risk or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No hotels at the 3.5* level have been reported in this zone, and there may not be any at that level.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

So, does it mean that I can select 3.5* so as to bid 4*, given that I do NOT select other areas with 3.5*? Jersey city is the only area that has 4*, thus I cannot bid 4* twice a day. If what you said is the case, I can use 3.5* to bid 4* in the same day.

Update. I tried 3.5* for bidding 4*, $145 does not work either. It seems like Jersey City is more expensive then NYC. Is it possible?

HOTWIRE got a 4* $133 for your dates?

It seems like Jersey City is more expensive then NYC. Is it possible?

Yes, JC got less hotels/inventory and can be expensive at times.

Yellowdog.

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay. We will edit and move your thread in the end.

Excuse me? It is in different place. I am now talking about 2 rooms in NYC, not Jersey City. If you "same stay" means "same date", why not put all my posts in my thread in New York board? I've already bid a room in NYC (), but I've cancelled it and now reconsider other solutions. So, in terms of 2 rooms in NYC, I think I should make a new thread in New York board.

I start looking at Hotwire for NYC June18-23 for 3 people, since Priceline is risky and Jersey City does not seem cheap.

Currently there is a 3.5* hotel in Midtown East with $212 per night, which has fitness, restaurant, business and Internet with 85% recommendation. Would it be Roosevelt or Doubletree or Hilton? And, is it a good deal in a good place?

PS: I think I post this topic in right place? If not, please kindly move it elsewhere, as I get confused where I exactly should put it.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]